Tuesday, February 10, 2009

9-10.02 Minnesota: Virginia

Monday was a day at home. Slept in, ate, watched 2 movies, read the book, ate some more :) That is what I call a vacation. As Nikki and Ryan had their honeymoon in Hawaii, same island where I'm going to, we went though the pics and travel notes they made. There were there in February as well, it all looked so nice and inviting.

Today, on Tuesday, Nikki left me her car and I navigated to town before noon, following the given instructions as close as possible. Yesterday the city of Duluth was closed and lots of schools in the area as well since an ice storm was suppose to hit. Temperature is close to freezing and it is raining, so once it hits the ground it forms into ice very quickly - this makes the roads very slippery and the cities are closed. Today the situation is pretty much the same, in the afternoon it is suppose to get colder, making the situation even worse. Here the cars don't have winter tires or anything, so in a way it makes sense to just keep the people off the roads.

There were 2 reasons why I came to town though:
First - Nikki and her family made a local SPA gift card as a birthday present for me :) Place is called The Pebble SPA Company. I tried to pick something that is not available elsewhere. So I will get a wild rice and spice treatment today at 3:30 in the afternoon. As wild rice is a Minnesotan thing I'm guessing that there is no wild rice treatments elsewhere. It is a body treatment that increases circulation, eases muscle pain, relieves tension and warms the body. Treatment is completed with a tub soak and an ultra moisturizing massage - all together it is a full hour of indulging! I'll let you know later on of how it turned out to be.
Second- I wanted to be online for a bit - addicted to Internet as I am :) It is just so difficult with Internet elsewhere (outside Estonia), this is something that always gets me by surprise.

I also stopped by Nikkis workplace - city courthouse. Unfortunately she was quite busy during the day so I was not able to get a tour. Perhaps some other day. I'll go and get a nice homemade sub for lunch now, accompanied by raspberry italian cream soda :) Yumm, things are getting crossed of on my list one by one :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tervitused! Meeldivad aktiivsed tegevused ja üllatuslikult vahva juubelikink Nikki poolt. Ilmad on igal pool erinevad. Meil pole rohkem lund sadanud ja kõik on libe. Oleme uhked, et saime sellel perioodil issuga kaks korda suusatama.Ootame lund, siis tormame kohe suuskadega Piritale. Kuidas poisid öösel magada lasevad ? Kas kontsert on korraga kahel häälel ? Uute uudisteni ! Marka & mehed

dea said...

kisa on väga mitmehäälne küll jah.. õnneks toimub suurem möirgamine magama minnes (nende une aeg algab kell 7 õhtul) ja siis jälle üles tõustes (nad äratatakse üles kell 6 hommikul)... öösel on hea vaikne ja rahulik :) ... mina põõnan muidugi kõvasti kauem :D
aga homme reisin juba edasi.. eks näis, mis seiklused mul siis peale hakkavad