Friday, February 13, 2009

11-12.02 Minnesota: Virginia and Ely

The SPA treatment on Tuesday was wonderful! First they scrubbed my back, arms and legs with salt+wild rice+spices scrub. This made my skin hot hot, just like your mouth feels after eating a hot pepper :) After the scrub I got to take a bath and then a 40 minutes massage followed! It was great!

Yesterday (Wednesday) I just stayed at the house. It snowed the whole afternoon, I went for a walk and just relaxed - watched movies and read my book. I'm getting all rested and ready for Hawaii. Last night we were invited over to Ryan's parents place for cake - it was his dad's birthday on Monday. Afterwards we stayed up quite late chatting with Nikki, talking about home decoration and dishes and travel and dreams and relatives and kids and education and world economy and China and all kinds of things :) I miss having her in my life and it is so extremely good to see her again after 1,5 years.

Today, on Thursday, Nikki had to go to Ely for work tasks so she picked me up from the house and we drove up together. It is about 1 hour drive, very nice drive I must admit. It has been snowing for the past 24 hours so all the trees are covered with thick layer of snow - another winter wonderland. We had lunch at a lodge overseeing a lake, food was very good and place was like on a postcard. After lunch Nikki went to work at the city hall and I got to wonder around the town. It is just a small town with one major street. I was here last time when visiting as well so many places were familiar. Luckily there is a caffee with free wireless so I get to read through my e-mail, update my blog and upload some photos.

Life is slow here, even the snow is falling down slowly :) And this brings a sense of peace, life is good :)
Tomorrow early morning, at 7am, I will take a flight from Duluth to Minneapolis. From there to Honolulu and then late at night last flight to Kahului. I will meet Wytni and her family at the airport. Hopefully I'll be able to come online the day after, on the 14th. All the best to all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaunis ! Kaunis ! Kaunis ! Osa kaunist lumesajust saatis Ameerika Eestissegi. Meil sadas ainult terve öö ja seda väga vaikselt, valge manna näol. Hommikul oli kogu maa valge ja seda isegi Tallinnas. Mina alustan Eesti Vabariigi 90.a. Juubelipidustustega. Esinen kontserdiga Viljandi Pärimusmuusika Aidas. Issu läheb Piritale suusatama. Meeldejäävat SÕBRAPÄEVA meie KÕIGI poolt! Kalli ! Musi ! Musi ! M & M