Monday, September 22, 2008

day 37 - Hanoi - 22.09

Slept in this morning - for once the hotel is a quiet one, can't hear the traffic with all the loud horns blowing and no construction close by. It has also good air conditioning so it was no problem to sleep long :) Breakfast is served till 11:30 - so all good!

Didn't do much interesting today. All the museums are closed on Mondays, so can't do that. Instead I spend about 3 hours shopping :), then had long lunch and then returned to the hotel in order to pack. I was dreading this packing thing for a long time already - I have no idea how I can fit all this stuff in my bag :( It took me about 2 hours to carefully wrap everything in and squeeze into a bag. I have most of my big bag packed by now - phew. Carry on bag is still waiting and that I'll do tomorrow.

I'll be going to dinner shortly - will try to find a nice place by the river and take the last of the final night in Vietnam.

My plane from Hanoi to Hong Kong leaves at 7 in the evening, I'll leave to the airport around 3:30pm. I'll be spending the night at the airport, next morning (24th) I'll take a plane to Helsinki and then to Tallinn.

I want to make it over to the army museum before I leave Hanoi tomorrow, so I'll probably do a check out around 9 to have plenty of time at the museum. I'm not sure that I will be online tomorrow, perhaps a quick update from Hong Kong airport in the evening. In any case - see you all soon enough!

No comments: