Saturday, September 20, 2008

day 35 - back to Hanoi - 20.09

Bus ride to Hanoi was fine. The bus had AC and overly loud horn. In traffic the vehicles press the horn when starting to pass someone or they simply want to warn pedestrians that they are coming - so the result is that there are lots of horns being blown all the time (pretty annoying I have to admit, especially early in the morning). Now the horns, the horns sound like a melody, yeah they have a tune. The horn on the bus today, it would cut through bone and the driver was very anxious to use it whenever possible.

There was a German couple sitting right behind me so once we got to the bus station in Hanoi I asked if hey are heading to the city center. They are leaving tonight, but they were gonna go to a hotel they stayed in at the beginning of their trip and leave the bags there while looking around in town. They were gonna get a taxi and asked me to join them - maybe I'd get a good deal on a room from the hotel. So we shared a taxi and the hotel was nice. A bit pricey, but very nice. I got a discount, they included breakfast and a room with a view to the lake :)

In the afternoon I just did a whole lotta shopping :-P and went a wonderful restaurant for a dinner. Place was called Hanoi Garden and the food was best food ever.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Perfume Pagoda for the day :), this will include some traveling by bus, then by boat, then some cable car'ing and then some hiking :D weheee.

No comments: