Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting home - 8.10

I was pretty excited about British Airways entertainment program - gimme the movies! But guess what: entertainment program for British Airways is horrible. I did not know that they make such small screens! Also, they start all the movies at the same time, first time they announced it (later they did not bother to do even that) and then you had to select a channel for the movie you wanted to see - horrible horrible system!!

Luckily I have 8h battery time now - wohooo! So at least I got to work on slideshow for couple of hours (when there was not much turbulence). In American Airlines they had power outlets one per 2/3 seats and expensive wireless as well so I thought BA would have at least the power outlets - but I was wrong :( No expensive wireless either.

To make it even worse - they didn't have even individual air flow control above your seat! And the service was horrible. Making a note to myself never to fly BA ever again unless absolutely necessary.

Rest of the time dragged by, flight to Stockholm was fine as well as flight to Tallinn. My brother left the car at the airport - there is no better feeling than sitting into your own car and driving it out of the parking lot after many weeks of traveling by bus or walking everywhere. Stopped by a birthday party and then headed home.

Note from the future: I woke up at 7am all rested and ready to go. I started calculating that I have slept 16h total this week :) Oh the joy of traveling, who needs sleep during vacation anyways right?

No comments: