Friday, October 9, 2009

Day in Atlanta - 7.10

Why on earth is breakfast served only till 9 :) Getting up was so incredibly difficult, perhaps because all I got was 6h of sleep. Little bit of time on the net and I had a plan for the day in the city of Atlanta :) Packed my bags, checked-out and spent another hour on the net replying to e-mails while waiting for the shuttle. Finally it came, the bus driver frightened me though - he was driving, eating and talking to a handheld mobile all at the same time. Iiih. After I got the bags stored at the airport, headed to town by ever so wonderful MARTA.

There is quite a bit one is able to see in 6 hrs :) Took MARTA all the way north to the art center. They happened to have a very good Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition on. His whole life was put to a timeline and lots of sketches for sculptures were displayed as well as many studies about his work. Spent about 2 hours total wondering around the 2 buildings, 4 floors each and total of 6 exhibitions. Now, whoever designed KUMU should go and learn from this art center how to plan an exhibition hall meant to display art pieces - it was wonderfully set and there was plenty of wall space to display the pictures.

My next stop was a park by botanic gardens and then walk southward towards city center. Temperature was only about 24C, but oh it felt like 30! It was baking! I kept walking on that side of the street where it was shadow :) It was truly truly hot in the sun - shorts and t-shirt would have been even too much :)

On to Olympic Gardens I wondered - a very nice park indeed. Passed by Georgia Dome once more and off to the airport my road lead. I got check-in done and I'm sitting by my gate as I write this.

Here is this guy playing guitar and singing right next to me :) Beautiful sunset is poking into my eyes and life is oh so good!

No comments: