Thursday, October 1, 2009

California, San Jose - 28-30.9

Time traveling to the past was great, but I'm still recovering from it 3 days later :) Did not get any sleep on the plane from Auckland to Los Angeles. Mainly because I was watching movies non stop - my eyes were about to pop out from staring at the little screen there :) Also talking to the gal who sat next to me kept me awake. Turns out she is a triathlete and physiotherapist who works with cyclers! We covered a whole lot of useful information about triathlon clubs organization in Australia and I got so many good hints that I can apply to 21.CC :-P I have been bending my brain for a while about the possible packages and now all the thoughts started to formulate and get focused - fun stuff!

Allright, so arrival to LA was good, flight went quickly and no major hassles with that. Had 5h layover in LA :( Customs was awful like always - long lines, lots of questions, forms to fill. Oh and even worse was domestic terminal in LA. Waiting line to the security was about half a kilometer long (and I'm not joking) It went all the way from one side of the terminal to the other and it was snaked in multiple places going back and fourth about 3 times for at least 75m one way - it was absolutely mad. At least the line was moving with a steady pace, longest time standing still was probably 5 minutes when they merged multiple incoming lines. I have never seen anything like that before though :) While standing in the line I was wondering what do those people do who have phobias for such long lines :D ?

Flight from LA to San Jose - no idea how that went as I was pretty much passed out :) Not sleeping on the long flight was catching up with me and I fell asleep while walking around, pretty much :) Once arrived at the flight I was out - can't remember taking off nor landing :D

Met with Jenny at the airport, navigated together to the hotel and then on to town. San Jose has nice little downtown area. Found a nice eatery to chill at and catch up with Jenny - it was super nice to see her after long long time! Due to skipped sleep I was ready to fall over by 6pm again, going to sleep at 7 was a mistake of course as I was up and awake by 2am :D Long story short I never got more sleep and following day in class was a bit of a challenge :) As was the day after that :D

Class - on 29th and 30th I was at Scrum Product Owner course. Course was great, the whole time I kept making notes of what changes to do once I get back to the office :) Beware ;) Course was great, it was wonderful to hear about other's experiences, discussions were insightful and there was lots of good food :) Some photos are here

My evening will get exciting from now on - I just got back from the mall and will start configuring and migrating my notebook :) Tomorrow morning we are heading south with Jenny and her sister - our trip will be spontaneous, will be back in San Francisco by Sunday night. I'm not sure I'll be online anytime before that so probably no updates before Monday :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tere jälle, rõõm kuulda edukast koolitusest ja et muidu ka ikka edeneb hästi. Tervitusi Jenny'le meiltki.
ISSU ja EMME