Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last day in Italy - 5.sept

Got up early in the morning and walked to the bus station with my friend whose plane leaves at 11, I still have a whole day here, my flight is at 8pm. Getting to the airport seems to be nice and easy with a bus - 2.5EUR and 25 minutes. It is yet another trick that they send all the tourists to take the water bus. Coming over I was wondering where on earth did all those people go as on our water bus there were only 20 people or so, but there were many many planes flying in. Next time when I'm in Venice I'll be smarter than this :) You live and learn, in any case - you live :D

Around 9 walked back from the bus station, showered, tried my best at getting the printer working at the hostel, packed my bags and headed out. This town is crazy today. Currently there is a film festival in Venice and architecture biennale and it is Sunday - those narrow streets are so crowded that everybody walks at the same pace and it is impossible to pass anybody. At times the whole crowd just stops and you won't know why, can't move anywhere, luckily after a bit the crowd starts moving again. It is absolutely packed.

So on one of those streets packed with people I ran into a friend of mine from home :) Seriously, just bumped into him on the street of Venice (it was Martin K, Liina who were visiting with college friend). We were both surprised as hell :)

Walked all the way past Piazza S. Marco all the way to Isola di S.Pietro and Isola di S.Elena - there was much more space and not that many people. While wondering around I tried to keep my eyes open for any Internet cafe. When telling my sad story of trying to find a place to print few pages my friend jokingly said that most likely there is exactly one place in whole Venice where you can do it and it is impossible to find it. Well, I found it :) Absolutely randomly, just stumbled on the sign and found the only place to print (this whole time I saw only one other place offering Internet access, but there was no printing capability). Now I had to spend 3EUR on buying 30 minutes of Internet usage to print out 5 sheets of paper :( But at least this printing problem got solved as well almost by accident :D

While sitting at the balcony at the hostel, using the last bit of free Internet, I can hear the movie playing outside on the other side of the building - I did not make it to the film festival, chose to sit in the Internet for 2 hours instead :)

Now heading over to the bus station to go to airport. My route will be Venice - Frankfurt - Addis Abeba - Harare. Days here have been packed and intense, nights have been way too short - even Martin found the courage to mention that I look tired. All those long flights should be enough to catch up on sleep :) Hopefully nothing too exciting happens before I make it to Harare, Zimbabwe.

No comments: