Thursday, September 2, 2010

Arriaval to Venice - 30.aug

Whole day went by in the name of sleep :) Was so tired in the morning that I could barely drag my feet around. Flight from Tallinn to Berlin I slept, in Berlin I had 5 hours to spend half of this time I slept and on the flight from Berlin to Venice I slept again :) Good start for my vacation - getting fully rested! Bad thing is that I missed the beautiful entrance to the city, supposedly this was a wonderful sight. Oh well, next time then.

Meeting my friend at the airport was easy - our baggage claim belts were right next to each other. To get from airport to the city we were instructed to take the water bus. There were also water taxi's available, but bus version is much more affordable. Four different water bus lines, 50 minutes of waiting and looking at the sunset and there we were - packed like sardines in this stuffy yellow boat with the rest of 15 tourists. It was already dark outside when we headed out. Lots of rocking back and fourth, splashes on the window and couple of stops, people getting off with their huge bags. Just to be on the safe side I turned on my map service to track our progress, worked out quite nice, little red cross moved alongside of the coast just as it should. Guglie - our stop arrived. Strolled off with some other people and started to navigate our way towards the train station.

As hunger was eliminating our vision we stopped at a roadside restaurant to fill our stomachs. One linguine, lasagna, bread and wine later we headed on towards our hostel. Finding the accommodation was quite easy - navigating here is quite easy in general, before you get lost you are stopped by water :) Was so tired that I basically fell on the bed and off to sleep I went as soon as my head hit the pillow, time was a bit past midnight. There was just one little problem - we had no blankets. They forgot them or something, luckily I had my sleeping bag with so no major hassle with that either.

No comments: