Sunday, September 20, 2009

Long way back to Christchurch - 19.9

Seems like every morning I got the same routine of getting dressed, packing and eating. This morning was no different. Wonderful thing about it is that I don't really need to pack as such since my back bag is half empty I just kinda throw my things in there and zip it up. Once in a while I need to clean and organize the bag, much like cleaning and organizing my apartment at times - just so that I would actually find my things in there :)

Last night ended up being a long one. SPA was nice and relaxing, my roommate (the German guy) was there with his friends and many other people as well of course. At some point it emptied out and then only few people were relaxing each in their own corner. Me of course was talking away :) Later drinks followed at a local bar. This is a town of 300 people and all the pubs and restaurants are totally empty as it is not the tourist season yet.

This night for the first time I saw stars! It was all clear and the stars were nicely visible.

As my beauty sleep was short I bet on getting some good sleep on the bus rides today. First bus was from Franz Josef to Greymouth - about 3h. Second bus was from Greymouth to Christchurch. I did get some sleep (on a first bus), but not a whole lot in total. Way from Greymouth on was very windy, our bus driver did not seem to care whole lot about client satisfaction and was driving very carelessly. At some point I was getting sick to my stomach because of all the sudden turns and deep wholes he passed through - so no I did not get much sleep there. For the most part that was probably even quite good as the scenery was very beautiful :)

Once I arrived at Christchurch, check-in followed. Then quick stop at the computer room, laundry and dinner. Now is the time to catch some quality sleep :) Tomorrow I'm planning on going to Akaroa for the day.

No comments: