Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cairns to Brisbane

Last day in Cairns was spent packing and looking around in town. Ave's friend David suggested to take a skyrail at the rainforest, so I had planned that in for the day, but missed the last pickup by 30 minutes :( Which was ok as I was not willing to get up any earlier and my packing took time as well. So instead I just walked to town, spent time at the main square listening to live music again and just laying in the sun. It was a nice and relaxed morning. Headed back to the hotel by 3 and headed to the airport.

Flight to Brisbane was about 2 hours, the plane was fully packed so it was a bit claustrophobic there. And again, I managed to sleep a full hour on the plane! Without any pillow or anything - I'm so proud of myself :) what an optimal time usage huh?

Once I arrived in Brisbane Ave was at the airport to greet me - it was soooo nice to see her. For the first couple of hours we both talked as fast as we could like we are about to run out of time or something :D We seemed to have a world to catch up on. Ave had prepared a nice meal with wine and dessert, which we had over at David's parents house. We were just talking and talking and talking away until it was time to go to bed. I did get to meet David's parents - very very nice and cheerful people.

I don't know much about Brisbane to update you on quite yet. I'm sure the city is big and I'm sure it is beautiful :) More facts and stories about the town later on!

Oh right, there was a little incident with my hotel booking :) Apparently the booking I did was not valid or something so once we arrived at the hotel all the rooms were taken and my booking did not show up anywhere :( As all the people are so nice here the lady in charge arranged one room for me late at night - people were moving out around 9 and then she asked an hour or so for cleaning it. She gave me the spare key and promised to take my bags in there herself - by the time I got to the room a bit before 11 all was arranged and done. Whatta nice lady.

2 comments:

Dasanjos said...

WOW! Dea late?
Only in vacations :)

dea said...

hih :) well.. I was just not informed of the schedules ;) I'm never late, not even during vacation ;)