Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It is alive!!

Mart uuris sissekannete kohta ja siit nad tulevad :) … blogi saagu ellu äratatud!

At the start of my current trip I was thinking about starting blogging about my travels again. The memories just get more color when they get written down during the travels. I was quite surprised to find that there are 2.5 years of travel stories missing! The gap has been really quite long, what was I thinking of skipping the writings on all those trips? I dug out the old e-mails with flights booking details and came to the following list of missing travel stories:

In November 2011 I travelled to USA, first stop was Ironman Florida, second stop was to visit my college best friend in Minnesota and then Boston-NYC-Washington DC journey with Foo Fighters concert in Boston.

March 2012 was second time for me in Torremolinos at the triathlon spring training camp. I continued on to Italy, spent a week in Rome.

Early fall, end of August 2012, visited Austria, Vienna for the first time. Main reason for the visit was Sigur Ros concert, once the time got closer it turned out that one of my best friends is moving to Vienna for couple of months, timing wise she arrived one day before I did :) So we got to discover Vienna together.

2012 September spent 2 weeks in Basque Country visiting Bilbao, San Sebastian and surrounding little towns. Even drove all the way towards the French border and spent one day in France :)

Just before Christmas 2012 I flew to Vienna to help my friend move back home. This meant driving with her all the way from Vienna to Tallinn through Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. What I remember from there? Heavy snow storm and driving 60km/h from Poland to Latvia - it was absolute hell, seeing trucks in ditches and sliding sideways towards you on icy roads, being stranded on little roads in the middle of nowhere with zero visibility for an hour because the traffic was just not moving (and the roads were too narrow to pass other cars). It was just horror squared. Never ever again :)

March 2013 yet another week in Spain Torremolinos with triathletes at the spring training camp.

June 2013 I made two trips. First one was to Denmark Copenhagen for a long weekend for Suede concert. Second trip was by car to Opener Festival in Poland Gdynia :) Great fun! Got to see The Queens of the Stone Age, Blur, Kings of Leon, Skunk Anansie and many other great artists live.

My current travel plan covers journey where my first destination is Kona Hawaii, then Virginia Minnesota and the last stop will be Boston.
Stay tuned :)

No comments: