Thursday, October 17, 2013

Getting from Hawaii to Minnesota - 16.10


It took me a while to figure out the dress code for the travels. I needed to be at the airport 3 hours before my flight ... but the airport is an open air one so you just have to stay in this heat the whole time. But once you get in the plane it is getting a whole lot colder immediately. So jeans and fleece is needed at once :)

Airport in Kailua-Kona
My flight plan had 2 longer flights of 5 hours and second one almost 4 hours, last one being a red-eye. Once in Chicago there was 4 hour layover - luckily I found free Internet there so the time flew by nice and quick.

Welcome to Chicago!!!
Since it is not allowed to bring any liquids through security, what I do is I carry an empty bottle with me. Once past the security I fill it up with water. It is always such a bugger to fill the bottle using the drinking fountain - finally they have made it easier.. found this in Chicago airport:

I helped to eliminate waste from the 42047th disposable plastic bottle
So glad this cold rain is on the other side of the glass :)
In the afternoon I finally landed in Duluth - after some 20 hours of traveling I finally made it. Had been waiting to see Nikki for the longest time - so very glad to be here!

Welcome to Duluth!!!
Not so happy about the weather forecast as it shows snow for the next four days :) Quite a change from 30C to 0C :D

Had nice lunch in Duluth with Nikki - just the two of us, getting synced with our doings of the past 2 years and the time just flies by. Time to head to Virginia and pick up all the 4 buns from the day care. I get to meet bun #4 - Quinn :) What a nice crowd :)

No comments: