Sunday, April 18, 2010

27.03 - Saturday - to Benidorm

One of the purposes of my Spain trip was to visit my students and friends in Benidorm while they are in their spring training camp pushing their bodies to the limits by getting through unbelievable amount of training hours every day. As their practice was ending around 1pm anyways we weren't gonna hurry a whole lot. Ate breakfast - I had absolutely the best croissant in the world that morning and then headed out of town towards Benidorm. Took a bit over an hour, or was it 1.5 hours, either way not a whole lot.

Ended up spending the whole time in Benidorm with my students. Weather was nice and warm, the sun was out and life was just beautiful. Lots of information had to be exchanged, status updates told, training plans reviewed, future plans discussed, next training camp to be planned ;), experiences to be shared and so on and so on. One student had swimming so figured to go and check out the facilities here, perhaps should attend one swim practice myself :) Either way, club crowd took good care of me the whole time. Training camp is going as planned and even better than expected (or should I say fared?). In the evening the whole club crowd, and friends, got together and we went out to eat. It was truly wonderful, wonderful to spend time with students, with other club members and friends. Good times!

My travel companions had been resting the whole time so it was time for them to start the evening. Stopped by for half and hour, wished them the best time of their life and headed to the hostel. Heard the next morning that their evening went till 6am and apparently Benidorm is THE place for partying. I simply can't believe how they manage to party every single night :) I definitely needed to get my beauty sleep :)

No comments: