Wednesday, March 31, 2010

24.03 - Wednesday - Arrival

Flying in Europe is so quick and easy, 2+2 hours and boom you're there - very convenient. Haven't been really traveling only in Europe for many many years so makes you forget how it even works. Another major convenience is traveling with an ID-card :) I had never done that before either. I'm always going somewhere further away and passport is required. I don't think I have even gone to Finland with ID-card? Anyways, now I have - very easy and convenient.

Kaspar was already waiting for me at the airport as he arrived 2 hours before me. We quickly located bold convict looking Oleg as well :) and our journey began. Oleg lives in downtown and as we arrived just in time for the trainstation to close we ended up taking the night bus and then walking half way across Barcelona :) It was all good though, first sightseeing tour was on the way. Passed by Casa Batllo and Casa Mila - great works of Antoni Gaudi built around 1900 to 1910. He was the leader of Modernisme, a variant of Art Noveau that became means of expression for Catalan nationalism.

Once at the apartment I headed to sleep right away - it has been a long day with a whole day at the office + 2 flights and touring the city. Tomorrow we have a whole day for this wonderful place called Barcelona.

No comments: