Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reporting from San Francisco

Juhuu :) After traveling for 28 hours I made it here in one piece. I don't think I will ever get used to the 8h flights... after 24hrs I'm in coma no matter what. Jana came to meet me at the airport and we made our way to the house. My current location is El Sobrante, Sherwood Forest. And of course the first thing we did was ordered Domino's pizza.. double pepperoni and cheesybread.. yum! I miss the excellent junk food delivered to your door :)

We will be renting a car in an hour and then will head up north to Etna. The route we chose goes alongside the west coast and will include picnic at the beach by Cape Mendocino. I've seen Pacific just once before (last time I was here in SF). Road will take us first to Eureka and then east via Weaverville to Etna. Right before Etna we will pass through ghost town called Callahan.. it is an old gold mining area.

But now gotta go and get ready. On the flights I managed to take a huge amount of pictures.. of clouds :) .. who is interested then go and check them out (My Photos link on the right hand side).

5 comments:

oliver said...

had to look up Etna... http://wikitravel.org/en/Etna reads like it is a hidden beauty ... I think not many people know about it or so. I vaguely remembered the vulcano Etna. Did you know Etna is the local Sicilian word for beautiful? Wikipedia lists 20 Etna's in different states. Anyway :)
The pics you take are so beautiful! Is this with the old office powershot or did you get a new one?

lauri said...

what a great idea of having this blog - I can be in touch with you all the time :)

have fun and in our thoughts we are with you!

Triin said...

Hei! Tore kuulda, et kohal oled. Mõtlesin sulle ka soovitada, et võiksid sellest vingest reisist blogi pidada aga enne avastasin, et sa juba teed seda :) Elan kaasa, ole tubli!

Anonymous said...

Heihei... Rõõm kuulda (lugeda), et oled õnnelikult pärale jõudnud :)
Ja minu poolt suured kallistused Janale :)

Anonymous said...

Hei-hei, rõõm lugeda edukast algusest. Tuleb meile ka pitsaisu peale. Terviseid Jaanale ka.